Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me....Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me. Somewhere over the rainbow - Edgar Yipsel Harburg

Oreo Peanut Butter Pie

I saw this recipe about a week ago and have been anxiously waiting to try it out.  The recipe talks about making it in small pies but I didn't have a cupcake sheet so I opted for a full pie.  What you will need is:
{Two pie crust-Usually you can buy a package of two at the grocery store. Remove one from pan and flatten}
{A bag of Oreos and your favorite smooth peanut butter.  In my case Justin's Peanut Butter with Honey}

{Rolling Pin, Butter, Sugar} (Not Pictured)

1) Start by layering the oreos onto the bottom of the pie.  

 2) Now layer a good coat of peanut butter on top of the oreos.  Then add another layer of oreos and one more layer of peanut butter for good measure. 

3) Next roll out the removed pie crust (picture above) with a rolling pin.  Cut even, thin slices into crust for lacing effect on top of pie.  (Sorry I didn't remember to take a picture of this part)  I just have after pics.  Spoon some melted butter onto top and generous amount of sugar onto top pie crust.

4) Turn oven to 400 degrees.  Place pie inside and bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

5) Remove and let cool.  Enjoy!


 *Side Note- I would recommend coating the Oreo cookies in maybe Olive Oil (in replacement of Butter)  to help soften them in cooking process.  They came out alittle crunchier than expected.


*Other Side Note- If you throw a slice of pie in the microwave the next day for 30 seconds its amazing! 
*Kelsey

6 comments:

Christie Ressel said...

Yum!! I'm SOOOOO trying this!!

Fashion Translated

Meekay said...

OMG! That looks so good!!


http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

Isabella | THE PILE OF STYLE said...

GREAT IDEA WOW I HAVE TO TRY!!! :D

Amber said...

Wow, this looks and sounds amazingly delicious! I'm going to have to make it :) YUM!

Raez said...

wow, looks os good....mouthwatering!

xx Raez

nishakakes85 said...

That looks amazing....

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog! I love feed back! Have a great day.

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates