Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me....Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me. Somewhere over the rainbow - Edgar Yipsel Harburg

Oceans

Today I've had oceans on the brain.  It's always been a place of great power, mystery, and magic to me....So in honor of my random mind I wanted to share some facts about the ocean and pictures of it's magical inhabitants. 

Nearly 71% of the earths surface is covered in ocean.  Humans have only explored less than 10% of the living space of the ocean. 

Tropical coral reefs border the shores of 109 countries.

More than 90% of the oceans inhabitants live in the deep sea

Water on earth breaks down to being: 97% in the oceans, 2% in frozen ice caps/glaciers, .3% in our atmosphere, and .02 on land.   

90% of all volcano activity happens in the ocean

The greatest amount of the World's protein is provided by fish.

*Kelsey

(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the photos.  They belong to their appropriate owner unless stated otherwise.)

1 comments:

Michelle's Style File said...

Amazing pics!!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
GIVEAWAY

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog! I love feed back! Have a great day.

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates